Qualified Joiner / Cabinet Maker
Due to ongoing growth and key project wins DStevens is actively seeking a qualified carpenter to join our Joinery team as a qualified Joiner / Cabinet Maker in a role that is hands-on and engaging.
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate their ability to translate design aspirations, through technically-sound solutions, into built excellence. We are seeking a team player who is reliable, honest, hard working and self-motivated.
As a Qualified Joiner / Cabinet Maker, you will be tasked with creating beautiful joinery pieces - including bespoke kitchen and bathroom cabinetry; assembling and installing joinery on site, and engaging with clients. Experience in high-end residential joinery projects and light-medium commercial projects is preferable.
In return, we offer competitive remuneration, great employee benefits, professional development, and the opportunity to make a difference and work with the best. The successful applicant must be eligible to work in New Zealand and will be required to undergo a full reference check.
We are an innovative team of 28 people with a focus on built excellence. Our projects benefit from the close integration of construction, joinery and interiors. For over 62 years our teams have been engaged in a range of high-profile commercial, residential, education, health and retail projects throughout Gisborne and the wider Tairawhiti region.
The ideal candidate will:
- have at least 5 years joinery/cabinet-making experience;
- hold certification as a Qualified Joiner/Cabinetmaker;
- be a team player who can contribute to a vibrant and creative team culture;
- have good communication skills;
- have excellent self-checking, quality management and reporting skills;
- have excellent time management skills;
- have a good technical capability and enthusiasm for the role; and,
- be familiar with the use of machinery and tools within a workshop environment.
Register your interest in joining our team by completing and submitting the form below.