Site Foreperson / Qualified Tradesperson
Due to ongoing growth and key project wins DStevens is actively seeking a qualified carpenter to join our construction team as a Site Foreperson in a role that is hands-on and engaging.
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate their ability to translate design aspirations, through technically-sound solutions, into built excellence.
We are seeking a team player who is reliable, honest, hard working and self-motivated. As a Site Foreman, you will be responsible for the daily management of a project site, engaging with key stakeholders, and leading a team of skilled tradesmen, apprentices and labourers. Experience in high-end residential construction projects and light-medium commercial buildings is preferable.
In return, we offer competitive remuneration, great employee benefits and the opportunity to make a difference and work with the best. The successful applicant must be eligible to work in New Zealand and will be required to undergo a full reference check.
We are an innovative team with a focus on built excellence. Our projects benefit from the close integration of construction, joinery and interiors. For over 62 years our teams have been engaged in a range of high-profile commercial, residential, education, health and retail projects throughout Gisborne.
The ideal candidate will:
- have at least 5 years construction experience;
- hold certification as a Qualified Carpenter;
- be LBP (Licensed Building Practitioner) certified;
- be a team player who can contribute to a vibrant and creative team culture;
- have a very strong and solid understanding of NZ construction and legislative compliance;
- have good communication skills and be able to manage and coordinate clients and sub-contractors;
- have excellent self-checking, quality management and reporting skills;
- have excellent time management skills;
- have a good technical capability and enthusiasm for the role; and,
- be familiar with the use of heavy machinery and tools to construct various stages of a project
Register your interest in joining our team by completing and submitting the form below.